-->
Stop Censorship

12 May 2011

Selective Color Correction

Selective color is a post-processing technique where most of a photo is converted to black and white, but some parts are left in color. This is usually achieved by using layers and masks in photo editing software (Photoshop, SilverFast, Adobe Fireworks or The GIMP for example).

A common example for selective color correction is portrait, to keep the eyes and sometimes the lips in color, against a black and white photograph. Small regions of color in a monochrome image immediately draws the viewer's eye.


This technique is also commonly used for Landscape photography.Colorful leaves or flowers against a b&w scene can breathe life into a photo. Of course the technique can be applied to any genre, but it's commonly used for portraits and landscapes.

Original Photo[ Photographer-Anirban Saha ]

Edited Photo[Photo Editor-Abhisek Panda(Me)]


I hereby Thank my friend my brother Anirban Saha for allowing me to edit and post his original photograph in my blog.


You may be interested in doing the same with your photographs.To save you time I added a video tutorial for the same below.Enjoy :)

8 comments:

abhishek, u have done a great job, great! put up some more. enjoyed your work.

Hey Abhishek...that's Awesome
Love your pic!!!would defintely try on my pic and let u know!!!

I like this idea, I have seen examples of it but didn't know how it was done - I do now. Good work.

Visiting you from No rules blog hop.

I want to see you colorful through my rainbow spectacles ;-)

this is quite helfpul, i will try this trick..

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites