-->
Stop Censorship

10 December 2010

Sketch of a Maharastrian Man

Last night I was trying to draw something and ended up with this.Was feeling really bored and no particular idea was coming to my mind.In fact I was so bored that I kept on drawing things again & again and then throwing them here and there because I was not liking them at all.Hope my friends will like this one.It’s a sketch of a Maharastrian man with a Maharastrian topi(cap) and a long moustache.
Would have tried better than this but I left it at this point only.Loosed my patience as It was really late night and my eyes were not not allowing me for any further work.

Something about Maharastra

Maharastra is a state located in West India.I am in Mumbai,Maharastra from last 7 years and I kind of like this place.The word Maharashtra comes from Sanskrit words Maha meaning Great and Rashtra meaning Nation, thus rendering the name Maharashtra (A Great Nation).The main spoken language or the mother tounge here is Marathi.It is the second most populous state after Uttar Pradesh(UP) and third largest state by area.It is the richest state in India, contributing to approx 15% of the country's industrial output.Mumbai is the capital city of the state, is India's largest city and the financial capital of the nation.Maharashtra encompasses an area of 308,000 km².Ganesh chaturthi (Lord Ganesh’s Birthday) is the most energetic and biggest celebration in Mumbai every year.Siddhivinayak temple of Lord Ganesha  is the main temple in Mumbai and it’s shidhialways full of people,Specially celebrities visit more often.People at  Mumbai  are full of energy.This part of the country hardly sleeps.Everyday is a party here.People of Maharastra are very patriotic and also very helpfull to others.Theres more to say about Maharastra but it needs it’s own blog.So the next time you plan a visit to India don’t foget to Visit Mumbai.Who knows what this city of dreams have in store for you.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

your blog is colorful and reflects your occupation as a Film Editor/Compositor and 3d generalist. we are waiting to see more from your part, especially that is concerning your practical contributions and experience.

Thanks Aznzar.......Will consider your points in future posts ☻

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites